The green tea plant originated from the country of China. When green tea was first starting to be used it was only enjoyed by royalty or the wealthy. Once the fall of the Mongolian empire had happened, it started to get more widely used and consumed which has brought us to the current day. Many people don’t give it enough credit though. Green tea is the healthiest drink on the planet. There are just too many reasons why more people should be consuming this miracle drink. Fun fact did you know green tea, and black tea is from the same plant.
The properties of this plant help the human body aid and support in many areas of your overall health. The green tea plant is simply amazing. It’s universally everywhere thought of by science as healthy. There are so many bioactive compounds of important nutrients. Even minerals are found. You will find better health value in premium tea compared to supplements or cheaper brands. Now, what are these health benefits?
Let’s check it out.
The green tea plant can help with the following
- Works as an anti-inflammatory
- Can help prevent cancer
- Supports the cardiovascular system
- Helps promote healthy blood sugars
- Can lower the chance and risk of diabetes.
Great for the mouth
Got stinky breath or know some who does. Green tea contains catechins which can inhibit and kill certain bacterias. Furthermore, it can also help decrease plaque which can help prevent cavities. So along with brushing your teeth regularly and an adequate green tea intake can work together amazingly.
This tea can help with a much needed natural energy boost. Green tea contains caffeine. About have the amount of a cup of coffee. With this, you feel alert and awake but without the jitters or punch of a full cup of coffee. This can be amazing if you’re feeling sluggish and need a pick me up.
Possible weight loss
The reason we state possible weight loss is as studies vary. Many studies have been done on the thought of green tea aiding in weight loss. The problem is all results vary, so there is no definitive proof quite yet.
Increase life span
No, this isn’t going to make you immortal, but green tea studies may show an increased life span. In a study done with 40000 people who drink 4-5 cups of green tea a day had an increased life span a decreased mortality rate and a decrease of not dying from a health-related illness.
Tips to make a healthy tea
- Don’t add the tea directly in boiling water. When you do this, the hot water kills catechins which are super beneficial to your body.
- Try not to get decaf if you are not caffeine sensitive. When green tea goes through a decaffeination process, it kills, and you lose a lot of valuable nutrients and minerals that would otherwise be there.
- Add lemon. Lemon helps aid your body in the absorption of nutrients and minerals. Plus it adds some flavour.
- Like stated previously try to get premium tea if possible. Supplements and green tea lower quality brands have less health value for your body.
Over green tea can play a significant role in keeping a healthy body. The benefits are amazing.